When you’ve chosen your child’s shoes, follow these great tips for keeping them and your child’s feet in tip top condition:
- Feet should be thoroughly washed and dried daily, especially between the toes.
- Toe nails should be kept short and straight.
- Tights should have a heel and toe feature – not a long tube over the foot.
- Ideally, children should have more than one pair of shoes and alternate between them.
- Shoes should be changed 3-4 times a year. This prevents feet from becoming too ‘molded’ to a particular shoe.
- Feet should be measured regularly, particularly in the first three years of walking.
- Shoes should be cleaned according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Shoes should be thoroughly aired after wearing them, as sweat may cause dampness.